1/22/14

In the Spotlight #1 Redken Extreme Anti Snap



Hi, I thought I would do a quick post on why I love this particular product so much....mainly as I've mentioned it quite a few times.......You probably will have read other bloggers raving about this gem too. I brought mine in my local hairdressers for £17.00 but you can buy it here for £15.00!  Redken Extreme Anti Snap Treatment  

A couple of years ago, I decided to change my hair colour. I hadn't coloured it for quite some time...and as some of the old colour was still there, it was starting to look a bit odd.....I researched what I was after...Pinterest is a godsend! Went to the hairdressers (the same one my sister uses) and asked/pleaded that I wanted  my hair to be a light brown shade..not red or blond but a light brown shade...she decided the best course of action was a half  a head of highlights. I went along with it....she's a trained professional after all...but what she should have given me was low lights to reach the effect/colour I was after.....of course....when the foil came off my hair was blond...which looked okay as she blow dried it. It looked shiny and everything but the next morning....it just looked really bad and in the cold light of day I could now see it looked really dry and damaged. Couped with the fact, half of my head was still my natural dark brown shade...it looked very cheap and chavvy....as well...so that was time and money well spent NOT.....I didn't go back (although I should have complained in hindsight) because I thought they would make it worse!!

I went to another salon where they coloured my hair...but because it was blond..they had to colour it red before they could change it back to brown *arghhh. ( meaning I ended up having the two colours I didn't want after all! ) As you can imagine colouring my hair twice in as many months, my long hair took quite a bit of a battering. By chance..one day I was talking to my sister's sister-in-law (phew) who was having trouble with her hair snapping off and this was something she was using. This product is by Redken, who are a professional haircare range. If you click on the link above, you will see they sell lot of different hair ranges to cater for your hair-type/problem. This  Anti-snap product is from the Extreme range a range for people with fragile hair, hair that is perhaps splitting, breaking and needs strengthen. If you bleach, you need to get on this case pronto! Straight away, after the first use, I noticed my hair was easier to manage and softer and more importantly stronger. Initially I bought the shampoo and conditioner at the same time.....although I have since switched to other shampoo's and conditioner's, I notice my hair is not the same  condition if I don't use this Anti-Snap. It's really simple to use, basically after you wash/condition your hair...you apply this to towel dried hair and then leave..If you style your hair then apply style protection products and then dry, which ever method you use.

I cannot recommend this product highly enough...for me it really is one of those Holy Grail products. It does seem quite pricey but I use this about three times a week after I wash my hair and it lasts me approx five/six months. That's after using every time I wash my hair...so I think its pretty good value for money.

You can also follow me on


16 comments:

  1. great review! sounds like it would be worth investing in this!

    http://pomegranateandcoffee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love redken shampoos! I've used them for years and they never let me down.
    Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do too....wish they were sold in Boots for.....I'd gain a fortune on point!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm. I wonder if we have this product in the states...
    xo
    www.style-wire.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I'm sure they must do...Redken is an American brand. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nightmare! I hate when hairdressers don't listen and just do whatever they feel like doing. This does sound really good though - I'm trying to grow my hair so will look into it xx
    The perks of being a hipster - Victoria’s Secrets Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWESOME...love trying new products. Since mine is colored and I am always look for more shine, I will look into this and their other products..thanks love!
    Sheree xxx
    www.itsnotthatdeep.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a good product
    xx
    http://www.mylittlefashiondiary.net/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've just recently bought this and it smells amazing! xx

    Gemma // missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Redken and noticed my hair snapping a lot recently, I've started to get split ends around my hair line which I hate! I'll need to try this!
    xxx
    www.maisymeow.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maisy...try it...snapping hair...then you need to but it. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh I will try and find this! I have loads of split ends after regular highlights so it could be the cure ive been looking for!

    Sarah-Jane xo
    www.vintagemagpies.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. This seems like a pretty perfect product for my hair. I have very curly and usually dry hair. I love finding new leave in conditioners that actually work. Thanks for sharing!
    Jessica
    the way to my Hart

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds amazing! Will have to give it a try :) x

    www.hannahhearts-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need to try this anti snap product. It sounds perfect for my situation of color changes and long hair.

    pinkandnavystripes.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...