Favourite Five under £10


Hello All, if you saw my blog post a couple of weeks ago......you would have read..that due to tightening my purse strings...I am using up the beauty/hair care products I already own before purchasing new ones...this to me does feel a bit odd..as I like to have a selection on my shelf to look at! But it has to be done..whether I like it or not....

Boots Mascara I have grown to love this mascara over time...not initially sold at first. Admittedly I felt it was a bit *pah* but after spending those few extra minutes applying this product I really do find that those extra minutes are minutes well spent. It makes your lashes look longer and thicker and another thing I forgot to mention in my previous post when I reviewed this..was it's easy to remove and doesn't smear under the eye....very important...as no one likes to wake up with panda eyes! Maybelline Blusher  Another product I keep re purchasing as I like this so much...it really gives a glow to the the cheeks and make you look like yourself but erm better. If you find powder blushers too *cakey or you really don't feel like blending with a brush..then dip your *clean finger in this little pot of loveliness! It really is worth adding to your collection. I can't think of anyone who wouldn't  benefit from this blusher. Balance Me LipGloss I received this free with Glamour magazine and really love it, its a bit like a balm but with added moisture to make your lips feel all soft and plump. I am not huge on lipsticks as I find lining them before applying lipstick a bit of a chore....my lining always looks very very wrong....maybe this is something I need to work on in 2014! Learning how to line my lips with a steady hand. Then I need to work on my annoying habit of licking my lipstick. Once I have sussed out how to solve these slightly big issues then I will start a regularly lipstick blogpost!

 Rimmel Fix & Protect  This is a good primer for those either on a budget or those who don't like to spend huge amounts on a primer. You use this  under your foundation/base and it helps to keep things staying where they should. Its a five in one and helps to smoothes,resurfaces,brighten,mattifies and protect all under one roof as so to speak! If you want to spend more on a primer (although I didn't get on with it) Laura Mercier seems to be very popular with lots of folk and Benefit as well.  17 Concealer This product, I came across by chance...whilst I was sleepwalking through Boots! It has a lovely consistency, it cover blemishes well and doesn't go cakey on the skin. I like sponge applicator concealers. I know lots of you guys have concealer in pots and so forth but they aren't my cup of tea. I like to keep my make-up as stress free as possible and having to add another brush to my collection...would push my over the edge! This is good for under the eyes as well, if this is a concern for you...and like everything in life...less is more...unless we are talking Ryan Gosling.....

What are your bargains under £10?

Jess. x

You can also follow me on

22 comments:

  1. I prefer the sponge applicator concealers too. Too bad we don't have the brand over here! I would love to talk about Ryan Gosling ;-)

    xx Mira

    www.glamdevils.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big fan of Collection 2000's concealer, but it is nearly empty, so might give the 17 one a try! Great post :)
    Carrie x

    carriebrighton

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I love your blog and your posts are so so good! I'm a new blogger and would love it if you could check out my blog and maybe give it a follow? :)
    http://theperksofmeg.blogspot.co.uk/ x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a lover of 17 products, I find that for their value they are absolutely incredible. I love cheap but good make up, it means you've found a great product and you don't ened up having to break the bank for it!

    Kassie from www.styledevoured.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Natural Collection range is amazing for the price! xx
    Elise // www.elisedopson.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've been looking for a new primer - must give the rimmel one a go! x

    http://lifeofniss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flower sheet looks so pretty omg!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to know!!!

    YSL giveaway on my blog!

    xx
    mybrunetteworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. great products :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such great face products!

    P.S. Come join my blog's giveaway! I'm giving away 2 YSL items :).

    Xx,
    www.sacosha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Natural Collections mascara! I have to admit I was also a little sceptical at first but I have to say it's one of the very few mascaras that I have actually repurchased! Well done on trying to use up the things you already have! I know how hard that is!

    Rachel [at] AMomentInTime.


    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks ladies...would really recommend the Boots Mascara. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely post!

    http://pomegranateandcoffee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm going to have to try 17 Product. I need a new concealer because the one I have right now creases just a little too much. Thanks for the suggestions!

    xo, N
    www.natashasolae.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rimmel makes such great, affordable products! I'm trying out Birchbox for new products!
    xxCarrie
    www.alittledose.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great reviews! I LOVE ANY PRODUCT with rose in them! So glad I clicked on your comment on FASHIONSQUAD and got led back here to yours. It's seriously full of GREAT info and juicy pics here! Just followed you on GFC and bloglovin', be sure to see more of you soon. By the way, I just uploaded a newest outfit featuring an oversize CÉLINE coat and ALEXANDER WANG net tote and TOGA cowgirl shoes, it's one of my most popular looks, even with a funny GIF! Please do check it out and be hope it #provokes ;)

    xx The Provoker
    http://www.the-provoker.com/2014/01/old-habits-new-neutrals.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've so much great things about that 17 concealer! Too bad we don't have them in Aus :( Great compilation of budget buys :)

    ♥ M&L
    Enter our Bloggiversary Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really want to try the Maybelline cream blushes, heard a few good things of them x

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

.

AddThis