Illustration found via Pinterest
Hi Guys, today I've written about DIY beauty treatments. I'm all ears to new beauty tips/tricks..and these are oldies but goldies! I thought it would be interesting to trial them out again and see how I feel about them....some tricks are fabulous, some are just plain crazy and nonsense! But if they work either is good!
1. Next time you shave your legs, use baby oil rather than shaving gel/cream..it will give a smoother finish. I have to agree with this one, the skin on my legs are very sensitive, even products for sensitive skin do not work! Most of the time, I just soak a flannel in hot water, place over and then shave...The baby oil trick worked better for me than my previous methods and it also made my legs feel a lot softer too. Agree.
2. Rub Coconut Oil into dry hair, tie your hair in a bun, cover with a towel and sleep overnight, wash hair in the morning and wake up to super shiny glossy hair. Late on the gravy train with this one...as most people have been doing this one for yonks. The only problem I found with this method is, it's hard to gauge whether you are using too much/little. My hair was softer although it took much longer to rinse everything out! Undecided.
3. Use Blotting Paper to remove excess shine rather than powdering your face again and again. I agree with this one for sure. I use to have a rather naughty habit of just powdering my face when it looked a bit shiny..but more often than not, it just spoilt the rest of my make-up and my sponge..was absorbing the oil which in turn made my sponge dirty. Yucks!! I keep seeing really cool blotting paper for sale in the 99p shop..and proper blotting paper...Kleenex...no less! Agree.
4. Wash Your Hair At Night so all you need to do is style in the morning. I have tried washing my hair at night...as I thought yeah..that would be cool..it can dry whilst I'm sleeping...it didn't ...my hair was still damp when I woke up in the morning..and it looked greasy..I would only recommend this for people with fine hair..or hair that magically dries quickly on it's own accord! Forget it!
5. Biotin Is a hair supplement recommended for hair growth and strength. I have only started taking these as a supplement but anything that claims to boost hair growth is always going to get custom from me! Some people swear by the magical hair lengthening properties of this...so I'm crossing everything. Wishful thinking!
6. Toothpaste Dries Spots Out This is an ancient beauty tip isn't!?! I've plastered the toothpaste over my face at various points in my life, like lots of you guy's have no doubt. The only problem I find with this method is, yes it's good for spots but it also dries out the surrounding area as well...flaky skin and a dried up spots are not a great combination to have, I think you'll agree! Having said all of that, occasionally I still use this method but I'm careful to use a cotton bud and place a small amount directly on the spot as opposed to my previous smother it all over my face technique. Exercise caution!
7. Silk Pillowcase Sleeping on a silk pillowcase at night produces two health benefits. Firstly it helps to reduce hair breakage and secondly your skin will retain more moisture. ( think no tell tale creases on your face in the morning) The term *bed head* is used with good reason, tossing and turning in the night can actually break your hair. Who hasn't woken up looking like they've slept with their fingers in an electric socket...or is that just me!?! I've been trialing a silk pillowcase that I bought from Amazon for the past month. This is the easiest least fussiest thing you can do without it feeling like you are doing anything! So far, so good.
I'd love to know what beauty trick you guys use..let me know...;)
You can also follow me on